Monday, May 29, 2006

The Draft - coming back?


Not a chance - because then we'd see a real anti-war movement - like the one that ended our Viet Nam adventure.

But that hasn't stopped New York Democrat Rep. Charlie Rangel from introducing a bill to bring back the draft. It is called Universal National Service Act of 2006 (Introduced in House) and numbered HR 4752.

This bill is the perfect solution for neo-cons who need more American bodies to fight the coming war with Iran to hide their blood-lust under the guise of fairness.

And yes - this bill includes a draft for women.

I suppose I should not oppose this bill - it would be fun to see the children of the rich and powerful serve in the army just like the poor do now. If only somehow this bill could force them into the same combat roles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I know that the rich children will have to go and fight. But I have no desire to fight, my fiance has already stood and fought for this country.

I want to be a mother and wife. I would protect my family if the danger was right at our door, but I don't want to go seek it.

I don't think this draft (if passed) should include women. But then Feminist have been spouting that we are equal for years, now lets see if they still believe that crap. When it comes time for them to step up and handle that rifle like a MAN, they will finally realize that men are stronger physically.

Nice work on the blog too.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker