Monday, December 11, 2006

Let us now praise brave men...







...and women.

What kind of world do we live in when saying "2+2=4" is a crime?

The Tehran Holocaust Conference offers us an all-too-rare glimpse of these brave people. All of them face potential prison time when they return to their European homes.

(from the top: Neutrei Karta (Orthodox Jews United against Zionism) from New York City; Lady Michele Renoulf; Jan Bernhoff - Stockholm, Sweden ; Rabbi Yisroel Weiss/Yeshaye Rosenberg, New York, USA; Dr Patrick and Midori McNally, Tokyo, Japan).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi PuckPan,

I just wanted to say thank you for your moral support for my saying that Episcopalian bishops illegally blocking entry to federal buildings in order to get ritually "arrested" for publicity purposes does not equal real civil disobedience. I am all for engaging in peaceful public protest to raise public awareness about serious issues but I have little respect for such contrived ersatz "civil disobedience" when there are perfectly legal and peaceful ways of gaining media attention.

BTW Insofar as being arrested for saying 2+2=4 goes. Outrageously hypocritical Montreal Unitarians had me arrested for saying -

CULT IS A FOUR LETTER WORD

in protest against the false and malicious labeling of Creation Day as a "cult" by Rev. Ray Drennan and other fundamentalist atheist leaders of the Unitarian Church of Montreal. I just got back from my first day of protest in fromt of the Quebec Human Rights Commission for its refusal to responsibly act upon my complaint about Unitarian*Universalist anti-religious intolerance and bigotry. I will protest throughout the week at lunch hour and I am confident that it won't be necessary to engage in any fake "civil disobedience" to gain some media attention about the refusal of the Quebec Human Rights Commission to protect my human rights. Public response was very good and I had a long chat with a sympathetic employee of the QHRC who agreed with most of the points I made.

Best Regards,

Robin Edgar

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker