Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jerry Falwell -- Say hello to Ronald Reagan!


I know how much many of my readers hated Jerry Falwell. I found his faith-based philo-semitism dangerous and naive myself. I wish he'd have stayed out of the media - he could be embarassing.

But I admired him for taking the heavy artillery of my enemies with courage and strength. He was naive, but not stupid. He knew what they were doing to him in the media and he stood up to it.




"No man in the last century better illustrated Jesus' warning that "All men will hate you because of me" than the Rev. Jerry Falwell, who left this world on Tuesday. Separately, no man better illustrates my warning that it doesn't pay to be nice to liberals."


"Falwell was a perfected Christian. He exuded Christian love for all men, hating sin while loving sinners. This is as opposed to liberals, who just love sinners. Like Christ ministering to prostitutes, Falwell regularly left the safe confines of his church to show up in such benighted venues as CNN."


"Despite venomous attacks and overwhelming pressure to adopt the fashionable beliefs of cafe society, Falwell never wavered an inch in acknowledging Jesus before men. Luckily, Jesus' full sentence, quoted at the beginning of this column is: "All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.""

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker