Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Fishtown section of Philadelphia - an old fashioned neighborhood


Had some business in Philadelphia today on Delaware Avenue. I briefly got lost on the way and found myself in a working class neighborhood in Philadelphia that in other parts of Philadelphia might be a slum except...except it was an old fashioned neighborhood. It was not wealthy - but it was clean and charming. It was white, the bars were mostly Irish, there were very few For Sale signs - and no abandoned buildings, or drunks passed out on the sidewalk, or people just hanging out on the street.


An Irish house




Good fences make good neighbors



A lovely tree-lined street



Two sweet doors, bedecked with Easter bonnets.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that pink tree. I can't remember the name right now. Some time try taking a picture of the blooms on the ground, it turns out beautiful. I wish I had a photo to show you.

Well have a great White day!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Puckpan said...

Thank you Liz - always makes me smile when you stop by for a visit.

I'll take your advice on the ground pic. Enjoy this lovely weather with your lovely family.

Peace ..tom

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker